Korean Language Specialist
Consultant Chloe Ryan
Date posted 16 January 2019 2019-01-162019-03-05 admin-and-secretarial Dublin Dublin IE EUR 27000 32000 32000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A global company are working with Robert Walters internationally to hire a Korean language specialist for their offices in East Point.
You will be experienced in supporting the localisation of assigned products from planning through to delivery. This is a fixed term contract for a minimum of 12 months.
- Translate and proofread scripts and other game related documents from English to Korean
- Experience in voice script localisation and adaption and demonstrate creative translation expertise
- Liaise with external Korean localisation agencies and translators, answering their queries in a prompt and timely manner
- Work with the internal QA department to help co-ordinate the quality assurance process for localised versions of products and be a point of escalation and advice for the Korean localisation testers
- Create/maintain the game glossary and style guide
- Fulfil QA testing duties as requested/required
- Play the game during development and develop a deep understanding of the game to ensure proper context for delivering creative translations
- An understanding of local and market cultural sensitivities would be an advantage
- Have a deep understanding of different gaming genres would be an advantage, such as military, sci-fi shooters and horror
As a language specialist you will have 12 months experience as a Korean translator with experience in localisation/internationalisation (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). A pragmatic thinker, who’s not afraid to work outside the box, able to work on own initiative. Should be able to handle various pressure situations and workload through proper work balance, prioritisation and delegation. Very strong communication, negotiation skills and relationship building.
If you are interested in this role please apply today or contact Chloe Ryan on the details provided for more information.