Trainer / Coach
Salary €55,000 - €60,000 per annum
Consultant Ashley Kelly
Date posted 10 August 2018 2018-08-102018-10-09 admin-and-secretarial Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A well know fast growing financial services institution is looking to hire a trainer / coach on a permanent basis. You will work with the arrears support unit (ASU), litigation and customer services teams, providing all aspects of business training / coaching in order to assist line managers improve and sustain performance levels.
Responsibilities of the trainer / coach:
- Design and deliver training to include soft and technical skills to deliver to new hires and existing employees along with training on the updating and delivery of the existing induction programme
- Carry out post induction monitoring using a number of techniques, such as call observations, case audits, compliance checks etc. Document the findings, provide feedback to line managers/team leaders and update training material where required
- Devise performance improvement and development plans for discussion and agreement with the head of operations and line managers
- Provide one to one coaching to team members using feedback from managers, team leaders and auditors
- Provide feedback to individual employees to assist them to improve and change their performance in accordance with these plans
- Provide information on performance to line managers and team leaders following the induction training, during the probation period and from one to one coaching sessions
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all relevant legislative and compliance requirements
- Roll out changes on procedures, legislation and regulations
You will have 3+ years training and coaching experience within both general banking, mortgage products and mortgages arrears options including CCMA (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). This training experience should include product training, systems, procedures, compliance and soft skills. Experience must be recent and within the ROI.
A proven record in developing and executing training programs is essential and you will be efficient at producing new training material and frequently asked question documents when required to do so. Up-to-date experience with call systems/phone technology, processes and scripts is highly preferred. An excellent knowledge of all current relevant regulatory and legislative requirements is required for this position as is an excellent working knowledge of Excel.
This is an excellent opportunity for a trainer/ coach to join a successful organisation based in Dublin.
If you are interested in the trainer / coach role, please apply today or contact Ashley Kelly on the details provided for more information.