Communications and Public Affairs Assistant Manager
Consultant Ashley Kelly
Date posted 02 July 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A government organisation is looking to hire an assistant manager for its communications and public affairs team. You will report to the communications and public affairs manager.
Key responsibilities of the communications and public affairs assistant manager:
- Communicate in a timely, effective and professional manner with key stakeholders
- Contribute to the day-to-day management of company engagement with the media by preparing timely and accurate responses to queries received through the external press office
- Contribute to the implementation of the communications strategy through drafting of press releases, text for official publications, including its Annual Report, speech/presentation materials, and internal communiques
- Draft briefing materials, as required, in advance of CEO, Chairman and Senior Executive media and public engagements
- Management and implementation of the Agency’s ongoing public affairs engagement
You will have 2+ years communications experience (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will have the ability to manage a broad range of people in a constant professional manner. You will have excellent communication and networking skills, excellent attention to detail along with the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst retaining the skill to write and communicate in an effective manner.
If you are interested in the communications and public affairs assistant manager role, please apply today or contact Ashley Kelly on the contact details provided for more information.