Procurement Category Manager
Consultant Darragh Golden
Date posted 13 July 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A leading global organisation are looking to recruit a Procurement Category Manager. This is a permanent role based in Dublin.
Key responsibilities of the category manager procurement:
- Lead the development of the strategic sourcing plans for the category and subcategories which take into account both demand and supply-side considerations
- Lead procurement initiatives with accountability to deliver savings and financial objectives in line with commitments agreed with internal stakeholders
- Engage with internal stakeholders to generate ideas and opportunities and ultimately ensure the category strategy, plans and initiatives are aligned to functional and business targets
- Regularly review the impact of macro-economic dynamics on the category, assessing trends and providing insights to the Procurement team and management on the impact of underlying cost drivers
- Apply appropriate tools and techniques to segment suppliers for the category or subcategory, understand supplier financial performance and analyse supplier and market capacity and constraints
- Build robust, realistic and accurate budget and forecasts for the category under direction from the Procurement Management
As the Procurement Category Manager you will have 4+ year's of experience in procurement along with a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or a Business related subject (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). Experience in international food related procurement essential. Experience in strategic supplier relationship management, along with experience in Category Strategy Development, Category Management and Strategic Sourcing is highly desirable.
If you are interested in the procurement category manager role, please apply today or contact Darragh Golden on the contact details provided for more information.