Consultant Darragh Golden
Date posted 17 April 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A leading organisation within the construction industry are looking to recruit a Junor Construction Buyer. This is a permanent role based in Dublin.
Key responsibilities of the buyer:
- Set in place and ensure compliance with Materials Requisitions for Site Project Managers
- Ensure prompt placing of orders with Suppliers & ensure Project Managers & QS are kept up to date on delivery
- Ensure best prices being obtained from suppliers and review regularly
- Find balance between price & lead time and ensure project delivery is not compromised
- Ensure all processes outlined in Materials Procurement Policy are adhered to by all
- Set up Credit Agreements with suppliers in line with Accounts Payment terms
- Put in place rebate terms with large suppliers. Keep schedule of all rebate schemes in place and ensure year end credit notes are issued
- Order plant hire as requested by Project Managers ensure clear on-hire & off-hire dates agreed
- Keep up to date hired plant database & cross check all invoices against it
- Issue plant hire database to Operations & Commercial team & highlight any items that remain on hire
As the junior construction buyer you will a years experience in a purchasing position (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). Knowledge of building materials required for this position. Any qualification within purchasing would be an advantage.