Consultant Daniel Tierney
Date posted 19 September 20192019-09-19 2019-11-18 pharmaceuticals Dublin Dublin IE EUR 35000 350000 350000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client is renowned for their culinary capabilities and considered the biggest in Europe, and within Science and Innovation a window has opened for a food technologist to join their team in Kildare. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and innovative candidate to progress their career and gain great exposure and knowledge in a hands a environment.
- Dealing and acting as a support function for the project manager
- Undertaking new product trials
- A strong understanding of food safety and HACCP are essential to this role
- To demonstrate a high level of competence in food / meat science, food processing, food legislation, specifications and recipe management
- Ensure consistency of meat
- Machine settings
- Preparation before customer meetings
- Prepare, organize and deliver customer presentations
- Prepare and organize customer samples ensuring quality product delivered on time
- New ingredient, packaging and meat assessment and project management
- Product assessment including pieces size assessment, shelf life testing, chemical analysis and compiling sensory, physical and photo standards for product specification
The ideal candidate for this position will have a degree qualification in food science and more than one to two years of experience in a similar role and have a flair for the food and meat industry. You will work in a team of 23 people and will be hands on make a strong impression from day one, showing them you are passionate towards progressing your career with the company. Experience working with Nector and Navision will be considered important, and essentially you will be able to demonstrate strong skills using Excel and Power Point.
If you would like to hear more about this role, please apply or contact Daniel Tierney to find out more information.