Health and Safety Advisor
Consultant Darragh Golden
Date posted 04 January 2019 2019-01-042019-03-05 engineering Sligo Sligo IE EUR 40000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A leading organisation within the engineering sector are looking to recruit a Health & Safety Advisor. This is a permanent position based in the Northwest region.
- Development & implementation of HSEQT policies and procedures
- Approval, monitoring and reviewing of all sub-contractor works
- Writing risk assessments and method statements
- Site audits & inspections including external audits for 18001, 14001 & 9001
- Assisting with Occupational Health issues
- Engaging employees for consultation and communication
- Training – undertaking internal training including inductions, toolbox talks etc.
- Manager on practical management of site work and HSEQT management systems
- Reporting directly & promptly to the HSEQT Manager on all matters
- This position will be based in the Northwest covering surrounding regions
You will have 2+ years’ experience in a similar health and safety position (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). Background within the power industry would be a distinct advantage. Qualification within health and safety. Proven track record of developing, implementing and integrating policies. Experience of building a strong and consistent culture of safety throughout an organisation. Excellent communication skills.