Health and Safety Advisor
Salary €40,000 - €45,000 per year + Competitive
Consultant Micheal Hutton
Date posted 11 July 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A Health and Safety Advisor is required by a leading civil engineering company. This is a permanent opportunity based in the South West of Ireland.
Key responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor:
- Continuous promotion of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental standards on projects
- HSQE Project and documentation support including Preliminary and Construction Stage Safety and Health Plans
- Ensure compliance with current Health and Safety legislation and maintain awareness of legislative changes and industry standards
- Obtaining and reviewing safety documentation from Clients, Suppliers and Subcontractors
- Preparation of Tender and Pre-qualification documents for future work
- Carrying out Site Inspections and generating reports
- Liaising with Clients
- Assist the site team in the preparation of Method Statements, Risk Assessments and associated documentation and records
- Preparation and delivery of site tool box talks
- Daily/weekly reporting to the HSQE Manager and project management staff
- Conduct incident/accident investigations and prepare reports for internal/external purposes
- Provide HSQE advice and direction to staff and contractors, liaising with Site Personnel
- Compilation of Safety Files and O&M Manuals
This role will require regular travel to sites in the Munster region. As the Health and Safety Advisor will have 2+ years' HSQE experience, preferably within the construction or civil industries (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You must hold a full clean driving license, and have excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills (Microsoft Office). Excellent interpersonal, planning, teamwork, problem solving, and communication skills are also required.
If you are interested in the Health and Safety Advisor role, please apply today or contact Micheal Hutton on the details provided for more information.