Consultant Darragh Golden
Date posted 04 October 2018 2018-10-042018-12-03 engineering Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A leading organisation within the engineering sector are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor. This is a permanent opportunity based in Galway.
- Provide commercial advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues
- Produce the financial assessment of insurance claims with insurer's representatives
- Commercial management of subcontractors including processing payments, obtaining final account agreements, and resolving disputed issues by negotiation, if appropriate
- Be responsible for the timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract
- Provide input to Bid Dept. as requested to support project procurement
- Attend and provide input to relevant customer/client commercial meetings
- Provide input to contracts with client's representatives
- Provide and control strategy of commercial contracts with client's representatives
- This position is based in Galway
You will have previous experience in a similar position within the utilities, civil or construction industries along with a Qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar. involvement in and understanding of construction law and contractual terms in all standard contract forms. Experience working on projects within the utilities, construction or water industry. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.