Technical Design Manager
Consultant Darragh Golden
Date posted 12 March 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A leading multinational organisation are looking to recruit a Technical Design Manager. This is a permanent opportunity based in Dublin.
Key responsibilities of the technical design manager:
- Responsible for managing the design office, ensuring products meet all necessary design specifications and provide a crucial link between Category Management and the Sourcing Office
- Ensure sourced products have specifications which are clearly defined and constructed using in-house and external expertise and resource
- Support the selection of sources by building a review process that matches product characteristics to factory capabilities
- Work with category managers to formally review and document when creating product specifications to meet both operating customer needs and legal requirements
- Define and develop the Design Office team structure
- Reverse Engineering Process, document the current processes and identify improvements
- Support in the recruitment of sourcing & technical roles for Asia
- Undertake a complete review of existing 3rd party service providers
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Provide technical advice on large projects
As the technical design manager you will have experience in a similar senior technical management position, along with a degree in Mechanical Engineering Qualification, combined with design, commercial and financial competency. You will have strong technical capabilities and an ability to bring innovative ideas forward. Strong coordination and business engagement skills are required along with strong influencing, negotiation & communication skills.
If you are interested in the technical manager global sourcing role, please apply today or contact Darragh Golden on the contact details provided or more information.