Senior Commissioning Engineer Water
Consultant Darragh Golden
Date posted 04 October 2018 2018-10-042018-12-03 engineering Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A leading organisation within the water sector are looking to recruit a Senior Commissioning Engineer. This is a permanent role based in the Munster region.
- Completion of preliminary documentation and equipment checks
- Initial power-up of MCC’s, rotation checks for motors and I/O point to point checks
- Setting up of instrumentation and scaling of instruments back to main control system
- Uploading of first draft of PLC/HMI code and de-bugging as necessary
- Troubleshooting of equipment, instrumentation and processes
- Working with Process Engineers on process optimisation and continuous improvement to the water/waste water treatment plant
- Working with design teams in the application of process and control solutions
- Liaising between site engineering and management staff
- Adherence to all H&S legislation, documentation and procedures
- Completion of Commissioning Documentation on-site and return to Head Office
- Co-ordination of project close-out stages including handover to the end user or Operations Department
You will have 5+ year’s experience in a similar position along with an electrical qualification (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). Knowledge of the water and wastewater sector preferred. Capability to make control programme PLC and HMI modifications desirable. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork, problem resolution skills. Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.