Mechanical Design Engineer
Consultant Darragh Golden
Date posted 13 July 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A leading organisation within the engineering sector are looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer. This is a permanent role based in Cork.
Key responsibilities of the mechanical design engineer:
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager the purpose of this position is to control, prepare and deliver the mechanical design deliverables for projects
- Manage Mechanical section of Design Projects and report to Department Lead and/or Project Manager as required
- Liaise/coordinate with project managers, clients & peers to find solution to design issues
- Create & maintain construction drawings using 3D software (Autodesk Inventor) & 2D software (AutoCAD Mechanical) to accurately document design intent to fabrication and clients
- Generate material orders and coordinate with the Procurement Department to confirm technical compliance for equipment
- Conduct & minute design review meetings to develop, communicate and evaluate potential design solutions
You will have 2+ year’s experience in a related position along with a Degree level qualification within mechanical engineering (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will have experience using Autodesk Inventor, Autocad 3D/Pro-Engineer and 2D AutoCAD. You will be able to plan, organise and implement multiple concurrent tasks and projects. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in the mechanical design engineer role, please apply today or contact Darragh Golden on the contact details provided for more information.