Mechanical Design Engineer
Consultant Darragh Golden
Date posted 12 March 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A leading multinational organisation within the engineering sector are looking to recruit a mechanical design engineer. This is a permanent position based in Dublin.
Key responsibilities of the mechanical design engineer:
- Evaluation of selected components to be reverse engineered
- Material testing and composition evaluation
- Researching and compliance with EU, US and International standards
- Reverse Engineering of components through manual measurements and 3D laser scanning method
- Conversion of 3D scan files and similar formats into 2D CAD drawing file
- Drawing database and version management
- Creation of product specification and quality inspection documents
- Preparation of monthly activity reports
- Occasional travel to customer’s sites in Europe and US to understand product end use
- Liaison with the Client’s global team on various projects
- Liaison with suppliers for component procurement and quality requirements
- Project management and cost control
As the mechanical design engineer you will have a minimum of 1 year of experience within an engineering capacity along with a degree qualification in Mechanical or Design Engineering (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will be able to demonstrate experience and proficiency in 3D modelling and drawing of parts and assemblies using Inventor, Solidworks etc. You will be a self-starter, be able to get hands on with the components and general engineering activity and possess excellent data organisation and file management skills, with particular emphasis on drawing version control and configuration change management.
If you are interested in the mechanical design engineer role based in Dublin, please apply today or contact Darragh Golden on the contact details provided for more information.