Head of Compliance - Irish PLC
Salary €100,000 - €130,000 per annum + 30% bonus
Consultant Michael Nolan
Date posted 11 September 20192019-09-11 2019-11-10 legal Dublin Dublin IE EUR 100000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An Irish PLC is seeking to hire a Head of Compliance to join its group head office function in Dublin as a member of the senior leadership team. The role has been newly created in order to assess key risks across the group's various businesses, define the top risk categories to contribute to annual group reports and drive change throughout its operations.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Compliance:
- Assess the Group's compliance status with all its statutory and regulatory requirements and report the same to the Board and / or relevant sub-committees and management committees
- Oversee the preparation and communication of an annual compliance plan and monitoring programme, which addresses both ongoing compliance risks in the business and new regulatory developments
- Oversee the delivery of compliance risk assessments in the specified businesses
- Deliver the annual Compliance Plan based on the results of compliance risk assessments
- Provide timely and commercially sound guidance and advice to business functions, on regulatory matters (including potential regulatory developments), recommending changes to processes and procedures that will reduce compliance risk and raise operational standards
- Take ownership of the Group’s framework for compliance with all applicable legal, regulatory and governance requirements, and ensure it continues to be reflective of all new proposed areas of business and all regulatory developments
- Specifically take ownership of the Group’s Risk Registers and the process of distillation and assessment of the Group’s principle risks and uncertainties
- Provide assurance to the Board and / or relevant sub-committees and management committees on the effectiveness of the Group’s framework, including its embeddedness throughout the Group’s business
This is a fantastic opportunity for a commercially focused compliance professional, ideally with experience in commerce and industry, working with multinational PLCs or in a regulatory focused environment in financial services. Knowledge and understanding of the Pharmaceutical sector is a distinct advantage, group HO experience even more so. This is a challenging role requiring excellent stakeholder management and executive business partnering.