Senior In house Lawyer
Consultant Maireaine Conneely
Date posted 09 October 20192019-10-09 2019-12-08 legal Dublin Dublin IE EUR 100 200 200 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A global leader in high tech engineering and construction are currently seeking a senior in-house legal counsel to join their team.
Key responsibilities of the legal counsel:
- Assist the senior legal counsel to provide international legal support to the businesses throughout Ireland, the UK and across northern Europe, advising regional operating executives on a wide range of commercial and legal matters
- Review existing policies and procedures, identify gaps and assist with developing regional or local policies where needed in consultation with the Senior Legal Counsel
- Ensuring successful outcomes on all business and legal initiatives / projects which enhance the legal culture within the organisation
- Support teams on all aspects of the business from day-to-day transactional documents to large-scale construction and engineering projects in the region within deadlines
- Take responsibility to ensure company compliance with applicable laws and corporate governance in the conduct of the business in the region
- Draft and negotiate commercial negotiations, dispute resolutions as well as complex deal structures and projects (local and international)
- Assist management in the resolution of contractual/commercial issues and disputes
- Work closely together with project teams/management and external lawyers in ensuring proper conduct of proceedings and mapping out of strategies
- Provide legal advice on general legal issues/queries raised by various departments within the organisation with the Senior Legal Counsel
As the legal counsel you will be a qualified solicitor or barrister with 3+ years’ experience in commercial and contracts law. You will be a team player with excellent attention to detail and communication skills. Ability to build relationships and work as part of a team and also with the wider legal group is required.
If you are interested in the legal counsel role based in Dublin, please apply today or contact Maireaine Conneely for more information. Please include your telephone number on your application so we can contact you in a timely manner.