Senior Legal Counsel
Consultant Laura Kavanagh
Date posted 13 February 2019 2019-02-132019-04-14 legal Dublin Dublin IE EUR 110000 115000 115000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie
A leading engineering company is seeking to recruit a senior legal counsel for Ireland. The role will be based in Maynooth and report to the EMEA General Counsel. This role will work closely with the Irish Leadership team and the international legal team consisting of more than 20 lawyers in 8 countries globally. The focus will be on projects in Ireland, the UK and across northern Europe.
- Manage and lead the Legal function for the Northern Europe region
- Provide international legal support to the businesses throughout Ireland, the UK and across northern Europe, advising regional operating executives and their teams on a wide range of commercial and legal matters
- Review existing policies and procedures, identify gaps and develop regional or local policies where needed in consultation with the General Counsel
- Drive and support necessary training (in-person and on-line) in the Northern Europe region, including formal presentations, workshops and written materials; develop case studies (& policy updates). Collaborate with HR/IT regarding online processes. Manage regular communication alerts
- Provide counselling on strategic initiatives for the region and for the operating companies in the Northern Europe region
- Oversee and confirm the local provision of accurate, timely and practical legal advice in the Northern Europe region
- Provide legal advice to management, operation and support teams on all aspects of the business from day-to-day transactional documents to large-scale construction and engineering projects in the region within deadlines
- Take responsibility to ensure company compliance with applicable laws and corporate governance in the conduct of the business in the region
- Work as a strategic business partner and advisor to senior management advising on all legal aspects of the business strategy and expansion plans, in commercial negotiations, dispute resolutions as well as complex deal structures and projects (local and international)
- Support the management in the resolution of contractual/commercial issues and disputes
- Work closely together with project teams/management and external lawyers in ensuring proper conduct of proceedings and mapping out of strategies
- Provide legal advice on general legal issues/queries raised by various departments within the organization
As the senior legal counsel you will be a qualified solicitor or barrister with experience in commercial and contracts law. Ability to build relationship and work independently and also with the wider legal group. Excellent communication and negotiation skills required.
If you are interested in the senior legal counsel role based in Dublin, please apply today or contact Laura Kavanagh for more information. Please include your telephone number on your application so we can contact you in a timely manner.