Senior Legal Counsel
Consultant Laura Kavanagh
Date posted 14 January 2019 2019-01-142019-03-15 legal Dublin Dublin IE EUR 90000 92000 92000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie
A leading bank is seeking to recruit a senior legal counsel to join their team in Dublin. The role will report to the Director of legal. The legal function provides legal advice to all of the businesses and infrastructure functions.
Key accountabilities of the legal counsel:
- Assist the Head of Legal and the general Counsel on all matters of EU and Irish regulatory developments affecting the Markets business
- Support regulatory and strategic projects affecting the bank Ireland (e.g. regulatory and migration projects)
- Contribute to devising and implementing enhancements process and solutions to reduce or minimise the legal risk related to the bank
- Deliver training and education to the businesses and Infrastructure teams on topical issues, legal risks and regulatory, as appropriate
- Strong understanding of legal risk; identify, analyse and communicate risks, escalating risk and control issues appropriately, assisting in the coordination between clusters and the different legal team involved
As the senior legal counsel you will be a qualified lawyer with experience in banking and financial law and regulatory matters gained in either private practice or in-house, Excellent knowledge of the MiFID directive and financial markets infrastructure environment. Ability to Identify legal and commercial risks within the framework of the firm’s governance.
If you are interested in the senior legal counsel role based in Dublin, please apply today or contact Laura Kavanagh on the details provided for more information. Please include your telephone number on your application so we can contact you in a timely manner.