Consultant Laura Kavanagh
Date posted 16 January 2019 2019-01-162019-03-08 legal Dublin Dublin IE EUR 90000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A leading Investment company is seeking to recruit a legal counsel to join their Irish operations. The role will report to the senior solicitor.
- Provide legal advice on the legal, regulatory and governance issues which arise in the business
- Draft, negotiate and amend financial services agreements (e.g. service provider agreements)
- Provide legal support to the business in relation to the products and services throughout their lifecycle
- Provide assistance to the Irish businesses and instructing external counsel
- Advise the Irish fund boards on governance and regulatory matters and legal risks
- Assess and advise all departments (e.g. fund managers, product, operations, finance and sales) on the legal risks arising in the business and recommending appropriate courses of action and strategies to manage those risks
- Monitor legal developments and other events which are likely to have legal implications for the European businesses and assist in developing strategies for the Group companies to adopt in the light of them
- Generally supporting the Dublin office and the wider Legal team
As the legal counsel you will be a qualified solicitor who is currently working in-house within a financial services/asset management organisation, or private practice with a funds background, who has experience in, or wants to move into a role that is focusing on, funds and governance.
Proactive and shows initiative with the ability to run with projects, with little supervision, experience in negotiating and reviewing commercial agreements and comfortable dealing at all levels of personnel within the organisation (especially senior management).
If you are interested in the legal counsel role based in Dublin, please apply today or contact Laura Kavanagh on the details provided for more information. Please include your telephone number on your application so we can contact you in a timely manner.