Consultant Laura Kavanagh
Date posted 16 January 2019 2019-01-162019-02-26 legal Dublin Dublin Dublin IE EUR 75000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A leading reinsurance company is seeking to recruit a legal counsel on a 12 month contract. The role will support and assist the head of legal in relation to all legal advice provided to the business.
Key responsibilities of the legal counsel:
- Preparing, drafting and negotiation of contractual documentation
- Liaising with and controlling of external legal counsel relationships in relation to legal matters
- Conducting legal research as required
- Assisting and advising the Companies and departments on general legal and regulatory matters and dealing with routine enquiries raised
- Keeping up to date with changes in legislation that may impact the Companies
- Dealing with contentious matters as and when required
- Providing assistance in relation to the duties of company secretary
- Reviewing, updating and improving in the development of processes, policies and procedures to mitigate legal risk and/or increase the efficiency of the legal function
As the legal counsel you will be a qualified solicitor with extensive legal, insurance industry and/or financial services experience , ability to review and negotiate commercial contracts and knowledge of relevant Irish legislation.
If you are interested in the legal counsel role, please apply today or contact Laura Kavanagh on the contact details provided for more information.