Consultant Laura Kavanagh
Date posted 06 December 2018 2018-12-062019-02-04 legal Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A leading payments company is seeking a legal counsel to join the team in Dublin. This position will report to the head of legal affairs based in London.
Key responsibilities of the legal counsel:
Provide general and commercial legal and regulatory advice to a dynamic business operating in multiple jurisdictions, with a focus on Europe
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements with existing and potential merchants and suppliers, ensuring that all agreements reflect the approved business case and the standard policies and procedures of the organisation
- Support and advise the business teams on the applicable legal and regulatory framework in the relevant territories
- Advise the business on the legal aspects of new product development and new product delivery channels
- Instruct and manage external legal counsel in numerous international jurisdictions
- Undertake a range of research projects to include: international regulatory research, contractual matters, regional data protection and privacy laws
- Address any other general or ad-hoc commercial legal queries from internal business stakeholders
- Assisting with the know-how, professional development and knowledge management needs of the Legal department
You will be an Irish qualified lawyer with 4+ years’ post-qualification experience (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will have proven experience of providing commercially focused legal advice, and drafting and negotiating commercial agreements. The ability to build rapport quickly and establish strong working relationships; draft clear, professional and legally robust correspondence, advice, contractual documentation, policies and other documentation as required and excellent communications skills are all essential for this role.
If you are interested in the legal counsel role based in Dublin , please apply today or contact Laura Kavanagh on the details provided for more information. Please include your telephone number on your application so we can contact you in a timely manner.