Consultant Aileen Mackin
Date posted 15 October 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A leading engineering company is seeking a legal counsel to join their legal team. The role will assist the general counsel in developing, communicating and delivering the optimum legal framework that aligns to and supports the Company’s business strategy.
Key Responsibilities of the legal counsel:
- Provide guidance in relation to legal matters within the company
- Provide comprehensive, timely and fit for purpose legal advice and support to the company
- Assist in the day-to-day running of the Company’s legal function
- Instruct and manage external legal advisers, to ensure cost effective and fit for purpose service is provided to the Company
- Draft and advise on tender responses and contracts with commercial business partners
- Advise the business on the legal and commercial management of existing contracts
- Advise HR in relation to employment law issues
- Manage litigation and other claims against the company and provide pragmatic and commercially astute advice in relation to settlement opportunities
- Provide support on acquisitions and disposals
- Analyse legal and commercial risks of potential strategies or business proposal
- Identify and communicate all legal and regulatory developments impacting on the company
- Purchase and disposal of commercial properties/ Interpretation and drafting of commercial leases and licences/ Renewal and surrender of leases/ Manage external law firms’ conveyancing
- Advise on property related matters e.g. rights of way/boundaries etc.
As the legal counsel you will have 2+ years PQE with commercial contracts experience (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will be a self-starter, ability to work in a team and on one’s own initiative.
If you are interested in the legal counsel role, please apply today or contact Laura Kavanagh on the contact details provided for more information.