Consultant Lisa McCarthy
Date posted 27 September 2018 2018-09-272018-11-24 legal Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A leading global corporate bank are seeking to hire an experienced legal counsel to join their team in Dublin.
Key responsibilities of the legal counsel:
- Assist the head of legal and the European general counsels on all matters of Irish corporate and banking laws and regulations
- Work on regulatory initiatives and strategic projects: support regulatory and strategic projects affecting the bank
- Conduct presentations & training: deliver training and education to the businesses and Infrastructure teams on topical issues, legal risks and regulatory, as appropriate
- Communication of commercial consequences of legal risk issues to the impacted business areas
- Interact with business stakeholders, as well as in Group Legal and Compliance
- Contribute to the development and implementation of team objectives and strategy
- Makes recommendations for and can implement change
- Able to plan and manage projects and matters through to completion
- Demonstrates good relationship management skills
- Risk management analysis of legal, regulatory and governance issues
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements
- Builds strong risk partnerships with colleagues in Legal and other functions (especially key control areas as compliance, product and local)
- Identifies and escalates non-legal as well as legal risk issues
- Contributes to the creation of policies and controls
- Assists with the identification of improvements in the risk and control framework
As the legal counsel you will be an Irish qualified solicitor with experience in banking, financial and regulatory matters (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will ideally have experience in an international law firm or in house experience and they will have excellent communications skills and have the ability to work as part of a team and collaboratively across various other functions.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced solicitor to gain experience with an international bank. If you are interested then please apply today or contact Lisa McCarthy on the contact details provided for more information.