Consultant Laura Tierney
Date posted 19 June 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A reinsurance company is seeking to recruit a legal counsel, who will report into the head of legal.
Responsibilities on the legal counsel:
- Advise the business on Legal matters of a corporate nature
- Provide legal opinion for compliance matters and to support the implementation of compliance solutions
- Manage the relationship with external legal advisors for the Compliance and Legal function
- Manage any litigation's that the group in Ireland is engaged in both at a corporate and a policyholder level
- Facilitate management and adjudication of Ombudsman complaints that are escalated to the Compliance and legal function
- Draft agreements for the companies in respect of corporate matters including service providers, as required
- Review existing contracts to identify means of supporting the business to achieve our objectives
- Identify legal risk and escalate them within the Function as necessary
- Assist with impact assessment of new and pending legislation for which the businesses are within scope (e.g. GDPR
As the legal counsel you will be a qualified solicitor with 3+ years’ experience covering the following areas (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). European cross border insurance experience or life insurance product knowledge along with previous experience of corporate law matters is essential. Experience of GDPR is desirable but not essential, Compliance qualification desirable but not essential.
If you are interested in the legal counsel role, please apply today or contact Laura Tierney on the details provided for more information.