Consultant Andrew Cooney
Job Ref 50875923/001
Date posted 14 December 2022rest-of-ireland legal/company-secretary 2022-12-14 2023-02-12 legal Dublin Dublin Dublin IE Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
Our client is a leading Irish reinsurance company, headquartered in Dublin. The role provides a wide range of experience, exposure to senior management and board level interaction for a Company Secretary. You will work directly alongside the Company’s Chief Executive, Chief Financial Officer, Head of Compliance and other compliance and legal team members. This Company Secretary role is permanent and based in Dublin, reporting to the Associate General Counsel. (Hybrid Working)
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Managing the delivery of effective & high-quality company secretarial services to the boards of directors & board sub-committees of the Company
- Managing the Company’s shareholder meetings, Minute taking & preparation for board, shareholder & committee meetings
- Managing the collection, collation, uploading & distribution of board & committee papers, using Diligent (company secretarial system
- Advising on corporate governance requirements arising from Irish company law and corporate best practices, as well as internal requirements
- Providing advice, support and guidance to the Chairman and directors and play a leading role in good governance by helping the board and its committees function effectively
- Assisting on all corporate reporting requests from the Company & its branches/representative offices in locations all over the world, with the support of the Compliance team
- Assisting with Company administrative, Know Your Client & Anti Money laundering queries from the Company’s global branches in conjunction with the Compliance team
- Supporting the provision of company secretarial services to affiliated entities within the division
- Liaising with functions/units within the Company to ensure the efficient provision of information & keeping check on information flow
- Ensuring that all regulatory and statutory filings are completed on a timely basis
- Assisting with the development of team operating procedures
- Assisting with various corporate and commercial legal queries and projects
- A relevant third-level or ICSA qualification, or legal qualification
- Knowledge of Irish company law in general & particularly the Companies Act 2014
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience within the company secretarial field or in a similar position, ideally in a regulated financial services environment.
If you are interested and want to know more such as package, benefits and more information around team, please contact Andrew Cooney on + 353 87 663 1802 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Walters UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.