Deputy Company Secretary and Head of Governance
Location Dublin City CentreFULL_TIME
Consultant Claire Dunwoody
Date posted 30 May 20192019-06-06 2019-07-29 legal Dublin City Centre Dublin IE EUR 50000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting opportunity to work for a recently merged Group with a dual listing on the London (FTSE 100) and Irish Stock Exchanges. Reporting to the Group General Counsel and Company Secretary, you will be responsible for managing the Company Secretariat team. The role of the Company Secretariat team is to ensure that the Group complies with its obligations as well as ensuring that is kept up to date with regulatory and legislative obligations and governance.
- Ensuring the Group complies with its obligations including under the Companies Act (Irish and UK), the UK Corporate Governance Code, the Listing Rules (LSE and ISE), Market Abuse Regulations and the Disclosure and Transparency Rules
- Organising and preparing agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs)
- Preparing routine Stock Exchange announcements releases (LSE and ISE) and release of announcements and making any onward filings as necessary
- Taking minutes, drafting resolutions, lodging required forms and annual returns with the Companies Registration Office and Companies House
- Overseeing corporate governance policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate Committee for approval
- Maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries
- Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders
- Advising members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of governance policies
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action
- Managing and liaising with the Group’s professional advisers and auditors
- Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure the Group complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements
- Assisting the Group General Counsel in educating executives and board in relation to their corporate governance obligations
- Providing clear guidance to executives and senior management in relation to corporate governance requirements for commercial transactions
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of working in a FTSE 100 company with an excellent knowledge of FTSE 100 compliance obligations, best practice and Irish company law is essential.
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of translating complex matters without losing commercial focus.
- Excellent attention to detail, organised and thorough and a proactive and flexible approach in a fast-moving environment
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communicator with a logical, structured, clear, credible and mature style
- Capable of quickly engaging audiences of all levels. Not afraid to challenge senior business stakeholders
- Hungry for Results: Drives teams to achieve and exceed results with agility, pace and energy through high impact, bold and challenging objectives; always takes accountability for results and is able to cut across silos to make the right decisions that they and others can be proud of; proactively addresses obstacles to organisational performance and motivates others to achieve even in difficult situations; has a strong reputation with stakeholders for being trusted, fair and for doing what's right
- Creates a climate where people are curious, resilient, determined, learn and adapt; handles and manages crises effectively; anticipates and shows the way forward during setbacks; builds energy in others to stick with it/ to stay on track / push through
- A natural leader of people as well as a strong team player with a collaborative style; a proven track record of effectively delivering through and developing a team.
The position will offer the opportunity for flexible working arrangements.
If you are interested in this deputy company secretary and head of governance role, please apply today or contact Claire Dunwoody for more information.