Corporate Governance Officer - in house
Location Dublin City CentreCONTRACTOR
Consultant Joy Russell
Date posted 01 March 2019 2019-03-012019-03-31 legal Dublin City Centre Dublin IE EUR 72794 72795 72795 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie
A government body based in Dublin city centre is seeking to hire a corporate governance officer on a fixed term contract.
Key responsibilities of the corporate governance officer in-house:
- Report to the director of corporate services on all matters pertaining to the management of the corporate governance and secretariat functions
- Support the President and its Committees in fulfilling their statutory roles
- Report to the Chairperson on all Board governance matters and assist the Chairperson in ensuring relevant information is made available to the Board and its committees
- Implementing, amending and up-dating the policies and procedures in line with best practice
- Responsible for implementing, amending and up-dating the Medical Council’s governance policies and procedures in line with best practice
- Act as secretary to the development committee and any other committees and working groups that may be assigned to you
- Organise meetings and manage the preparation of meeting briefs and maintenance of accurate records on behalf of Council it’s Committees
- Contribute to the overall management of the organisation through membership of the Senior Leadership Team
- Responsible for significant line management, motivation and development of staff
As the corporate governance officer you will have 5+ years' relevant experience within a professional body, A legal qualification is desirable but not essential. You will be able to demonstrate well developed interpersonal, communication and IT skills and be prepared to participate in continued professional development.
This is an excellent opportunity for a corporate governance officer to join a successful organisation on an in house team based in Dublin.
If you are interested in the corporate governance officer role, please apply today or contact Joy Russell on the details provided for more information.