Assistant Company Secretary
Consultant Laura Tierney
Date posted 21 August 2018 2018-08-212018-10-19 legal Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A leading financial services organisation is seeking to recruit an assistant company secretary. You will work as part the Group Legal and Secretariat department reporting to the Group Company Secretary.
Key responsibilities of the assistant company secretary:
- Manage the administration of all company secretarial compliance for the organisation and its subsidiaries including board / committee meeting support, maintenance of statutory books and records, company filings and changes to corporate / capital structures
- Manage the training, development and performance of one or more department team members
- Ensure all obligations of the Group as a listed entity are met in terms of listing rules, market abuse rules, announcements, filings, returns and reporting
- Day to day management of the relationship with the Group’s Share Registrar and oversight of issues relating to the Group’s retail shareholders
- Project manage all corporate actions/events (e.g. AGMs, EGMs, dividends etc.)
- Ensure that the latest legal / regulatory / governance developments as they relate to the obligations of the Group Company Secretary are understood and implemented
- Review compliance with the Central Bank of Ireland, UK Corporate Governance Codes and EBA Guidelines
- Oversee the administration of company formations, liquidations and strike off projects
- Support the Group Company Secretary at Board and Board Committee meetings and on any other matters as may be requested by the Group Company Secretary from time to time
As the assistant company secretary, you will have a qualification in company secretarial / compliance / Risk / legal / governance related role, an understanding of the key legal and regulatory drivers for governance standards within a legal entity with specific experience of dealing with listed and/or regulated entities desirable. Minute taking skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and highly motivated and ability to use initiative and to learn.
If you are interested in the assistant company secretary role, please apply today or contact Laura Tierney on the details provided for more information.