Consultant Laura Tierney
Date posted 09 August 2018 2018-08-092018-10-08 legal Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A reinsurance company is seeking a company secretary to join their team.
Responsibilities of the company secretary:
- Act as Company Secretary for a number of regulated life insurance companies
- Assist in the managing, mitigating and monitoring of corporate governance risk
- Ensure all entities activities are in accordance with company law, local regulatory requirements in respect of corporate governance and also the companies governance and subsidiary management policies and procedures
- Liaising with the Central Bank of Ireland, Companies Registration Office, Revenue Commissions and Registrar of Companies
- Plan and organise general meetings, board meetings and committee meetings including agreeing agendas, drafting resolutions, organising clear and appropriate papers, minute taking and ensuring all board decisions are executed
- Drafting minutes and action point lists from board and committee meetings and circulating to boards of directors in a timely manner
- Arranging for document execution, notarisations, apostilling and consularisation
- Maintenance of statutory registers and common seal
- Organise and participate in new director on-boarding process for both internal and external director appointees
As the company secretary you will be ICSA qualified with 7+ years' experience in the financial services industry (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will have strong attention to detail along with extensive minute taking experience, and demonstrate strong communication skills. Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines is essential.
If you are interested in the company secretary role, please apply today or contact Laura Tierney on the details provided for more information.