Senior Legal Counsel ( In-House Commercial)
Consultant Suzanne Feeney
Job Ref 50960403/001
Date posted 28 August 2023rest-of-ireland legal/commercial-law 2023-08-28 2023-10-27 it Dublin Dublin IE Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
This is a newly created position in the EMEA Legal team at our client’s global headquarters in Dublin. As the Commercial Legal Counsel, you will work on a wide range of issues across EMEA while leading and supporting commercial and transactional activities. You will also drive compliance, manage litigation and dispute resolution as well as support a diverse range of other legal matters including employment, real estate, corporate and M&A.
As Legal Counsel, you will regularly work as an integral part of cross-functional teams with colleagues across the globe and across the entire business including, engineering, security, sales, product, procurement, HR, finance and tax.
Key responsibilities of the Legal Counsel - Commercial
• Draft, review and analyse contractual terms with customers and suppliers
• Develop strategies for contracting with customers and suppliers that maximise contractual benefits and minimise risk
• Strategically manage ongoing commercial relationships
• Analyse and resolve warranty, pricing and other disputes with customers and suppliers
• Deliver training to key stakeholders to ensure company is in the best position to optimise commercial strategies
• Act as initial point of contact for business teams on a wide range of legal issues, including contractual disputes, product safety, and compliance
• Develop new and updated templates and clauses to ensure consistency and best practices
• Update processes for contract issuance, negotiation and execution
• Train on contract documentation, negotiation, execution and processes
Key requirements for the Legal Counsel - Commercial
• Qualified to practice in Ireland, UK or another EU jurisdiction
• Ideally 4+ years’ experience as a lawyer advising multi-national organisations on complex commercial matters and transactions on a global basis
• Experience working in a corporate legal environment with increasing levels of responsibility preferred
• Ability to handle a variety of complex legal matters and identify, anticipate, and develop solutions-oriented strategies that mitigate legal risks, while achieving commercial objectives
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a global team that manages international transactions in a fast-paced environment
Salary: €70,000 - €100,000 per annumLocation: DublinDate posted: 28 September 2023Are your a qualified solicitor looking for an interesting role in a law firm? I am supporting a leading law firm in Dublin who is hiring for their Knowledge team in the areas of Litigation and Financial Services. If you are looking for a new role that could offer a bit more work life balance then this is the role for you.
Salary: €75,000 - €100,000 per annumLocation: DublinDate posted: 25 September 2023Are you looking to make a move into a M&A/Corporate Solicitor role? A new International Law firm in Dublin is looking for qualified Solicitors with 0-4 years PQE to join their M&A/Corporate Team. This would suit a newly qualified solicitor who didn't get their preferred position after qualifying or a Solicitor with a few years PQE looking for a change. Please keep reading for more information..
Salary: NegotiableLocation: DublinDate posted: 23 August 2023Our leading insurance client is seeking a Head of Legal. The successful candidate will lead the legal team, overseeing all legal affairs and ensuring work is managed across the team. They will provide strategic legal advice to senior leadership to enable the delivery of our strategy, while ensuring we minimise legal risk and abide by the laws of the state.