Location Republic of IrelandFULL_TIME
Consultant Laura Kavanagh
Date posted 13 March 2019 2019-03-132019-05-12 legal Dublin IE EUR 70000 71000 71000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie
A Commodities company based in Dublin is seeking to recruit a legal counsel to join their legal team.
- Manage contracts between the company and customers to ensure there is sufficient contractual documentation in place
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of documents, including commercial sales contracts, amendments, confidentiality agreements, , letters of intent in connection with potential deals, guarantee agreements and other documents as required by the business in line with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and customer requirements
- Review customer tender documents for commercial conditions, legal requirements, maritime shipping terms, quality parameters and financial issues
- Undertake research and analysis of legal issues
- Evaluate necessity for external legal advice, brief and manage external counsel on high-value legal issues
- Advise on legal issues affecting the business, including issues related to contract law and maritime law
- Monitor compliance obligations, including compliance with anti-bribery laws, customer due diligence and international trade sanctions regimes
- Keep up to date on legal developments affecting the business and provide occasional training to the business on relevant legal issues
As the legal counsel you will be a qualified solicitor in Ireland with a number of year's experience working in an international business or law firm, experience in international contracts (preferably sale of goods/ commodities),knowledge of commodities, maritime or energy sectors an advantage .Experience with learning new areas of law and regulations in a variety of jurisdictions. Excellent drafting skills is essential. Knowledge of Spanish or other languages desirable.
If you are interested in the junior legal counsel role, please apply today or contact Laura Kavanagh for more information.