Consultant Lisa McCarthy
Date posted 12 July 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A global aviation company are seeking to hire an experience Legal Counsel to join their growing legal team.
Key responsibilities of the aviation legal counsel:
- Structure, draft, negotiate and execute a wide range of transactional agreements in relation to aircraft transactions and business operations
- Deal with all transactions through documentation phase to closing within deal deadlines and contract negotiations
- Collate and manage input from technical, credit, tax, assets, finance and commercial departments into transaction documentation and negotiation
- Review, draft and prepare letters of intent, purchase and sales and lease agreements in relation to aircraft
- Work with sales and contracts teams, suppliers and other teams in relation to contractual rights and obligations from procurement transactions and deliveries
- Provide expertise in transaction structure phasing
- Manage litigation, including airline bankruptcies, equipment repossessions and collection matters
- Advise the company and its subsidiaries on compliance and regulatory matters
- Any other duties as assigned by the company including travelling when necessary depending on the complexities of the transaction and related counter party
As the Legal Counsel you will be a qualified lawyer with 3+ years of experience within the aircraft leasing/asset management space or they will have worked for a major law firm specialising in aircraft leasing and financing (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will have excellent leadership and communication skills and will have experience in handling global related corporate and commercial matters.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a legal counsel to gain experience and exposure with a growing aviation company and to strengthen their skills and knowledge within the aviation sector.
If you are interested in the legal counsel role based in Dublin, please apply today or contact Lisa McCarthy on the contact details provided for more information.