Senior Legal Counsel
Salary €125,000 - €130,000 per annum
Consultant Ronan Farrelly
Job Ref 50895103/001
Date posted 09 February 2023rest-of-ireland legal/banking-finance 2023-02-09 2023-04-10 insurance Dublin Dublin IE EUR 125000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
Global insurance company are recruiting a Senior Legal Counsel. This is an opportunity to be their first Legal counsel in Ireland. The position of Legal Counsel will have responsibility for legal support of the Dublin and Bermuda mortgage teams. This person will provide transactional support for the Dublin mortgage underwriting teams as well as handle compliance with tax operational guidelines and protocols.
- Manage, oversee and liaises with the business units with respect to transactional matters.
- Provides legal analysis and expertise required to support current deal flow and the development of products to support credit protection of new underwriting asset classes.
- Primary on-site responsibility for ensuring compliance with internal tax operating guidelines.
- May help plan legal and regulatory strategies and recommend or direct appropriate in-house actions for compliance.
- "First responder" for the mortgage team, including legal review of all transaction documents, non-disclosure agreements and boots-on-the-ground legal support
- Mortgage liaison for Dublin/EU compliance efforts
- Irish or UK qualified Solicitor with a minimum of 5 years PQE, including (or in addition to) experience with a transactional focus or prior experience in the insurance industry.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
Get in touch
+353 (0) 1 633 4111