Location Dublin SouthFULL_TIME
Consultant Lisa McCarthy
Date posted 10 August 2018 2018-08-102018-10-06 insurance Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A leading mortgage server based in Dublin City Centre are seeking to hire an experience Legal Counsel to join their team.
Key responsibilities of the Legal counsel:
- Review title documentation to confirm good marketable title
- Manage all requests for mortgage deeds from both internal and external sources and maintain spreadsheet to track the information
- Liaise with the Arrears Support Unit and panel of solicitors regarding the completion of Mortgage to Rent conveyances
- Provide advise and guidance to the litigation team in relation to mortgage arrears case in the legal process
- Support the solicitors with professional indemnity claims process by handling all claims and claim responses and queries to ensure a satisfactory outcome for the business
- Liaise with the insolvency services of Ireland in relation to bankrupt borrowers, maintain register of bankrupt borrowers, provide guidance to internal department on next actions
- certify legal documents when required
- Respond to general queries from all areas of the business in a timely manner
As the legal counsel you will be a solicitor with 3+ years' experience within a financial institution (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will have experience within litigation, knowledge of bankruptcy and fraud, along with experience dealing with professional indemnity cases.
This is an excellent opportunity for a solicitor to gain experience with a growing mortgage brokers business.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply today or contact Lisa McCarthy today.