Tax Advisory Specialist
Salary €60,000 - €68,000 per annum
Location Dublin City CentreFULL_TIME
Consultant Conor Synnott
Date posted 11 March 2019 2019-03-112019-05-07 insurance Dublin City Centre Dublin IE EUR 60000 68000 68000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie
An emerging organisation in the insurance industry are seeking to hire a tax advisory specialist to join their Dublin City Centre office.
Key responsibilities of the tax advisory specialist:
- Reviewing the Irish stamp duty, VAT and corporation tax implications of acquisitions of life companies and/or portfolios
- Consideration of the deductibility for corporation tax purposes of interest expenses on intercompany and third-party borrowings
- Reviewing the Irish tax implications of incorporating new companies within the organisation
- Reviewing legal agreements from a tax perspective
- Engaging with and building relationships with external advisors
- Advising the business units in respect of ongoing tax matters
- Assisting with ad hoc tax related queries from internal colleagues such as technical queries on the application of VAT
- Researching of international tax aspects of policyholders moving tax residence from one jurisdiction to another
- Participating in ad hoc cross departmental business projects as required
- Assisting with internal tax related training courses
As the tax advisory specialist, you will be a qualified accountant with 1+ years’ post qualification experience (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will be capable of carrying out all tasks professionally and efficiently, using your own initiative. You will be a strong team player and an exceptional communicator on all levels.
If you are interested in this tax advisory specialist position based in Dublin City Centre, please apply today or contact Conor Synnott on the details provided for more information.