Data Protection Officer
Consultant Claire Dunwoody
Date posted 09 March 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A global insurance company based in Dublin is seeking to hire data protection officer. Reporting to the general counsel the role will offer excellent exposure to all areas of the business and the opportunity to interact with senior management.
Key responsibilities of the data protection officer:
- Provide accurate, timely and commercially focused advice on Data Protection and privacy issues, ensuring that all business units are compliant with all existing and future Data Protection and privacy-related obligations
- Act as key point of contact with the Data Protection Commissioner and any data protection queries from consumers and the business
- Review and update the data protection strategy for the company incorporating all business units
- Manage investigations and complaints from the Data Protection Commissioner
- Oversight of the company policies, processes and controls relating to risk and compliance of Data Protection
- Manage escalated queries from all parts of the business, taking them to resolution by developing effective solutions
As the data protection officer you will have 4+ years’ experience in a data protection role or in a compliance role with data protection responsibilities (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). Extensive experience engaging with Data Protection Authorities is advantageous. A legal, ACOI or relevant data protection qualification or working towards same and a relevant Data Protection qualification (CIPT, CDPO, CIPP etc.) is desirable.
If you are interested in this data protection officer position based in Dublin, please apply today or contact Claire Dunwoody on the details provided for more information.