Chief Risk Officer
Consultant Brendan Simeson
Date posted 13 March 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A financial services firm based in Dublin is seeking to hire a Chief Risk Officer. You will have a strong understanding of the Irish and European regulatory landscape and prior exposure to building relations with external regulator, industry governing bodies, external auditors and other key stakeholders.
Key responsibilities of the chief risk officer:
- Ensure that all regulatory risk management requirements are fully met for the companies
- Take ownership for developing, maintaining and updating a robust risk management framework
- Lead the regional risk assessment process and the production of the ORSA report
- Identify the risks of the company, proposing the risk appetite to the Board of Directors ensuring it is in line with the Risk Appetite Framework of the group and monitor the trend
- Promote a strong risk culture at all levels to increase risk awareness and assist the company to fully understand its risk profile by improving training and awareness
- Provide updates to the management team
- Provide quarterly updates to the risk committees and boards
- Strong collaboration with internal partners; legal, compliance, risk and internal audit
- Design risk management reports which enable the companies to identify and manage the relevant risks for the European legal entities
As the chief risk officer you will have 10+ years' of experience in the reinsurance or insurance industry, with 3+ years' in risk management (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). Experience in dealing with reinsurance or insurance regulators is essential. You will have the proven ability to meet new challenges, assimilate new information and influence people through maturity of approach.
If you are interested in this chief risk officer position based in Dublin, please apply today or contact Brendan Simeson on the details provided for more information.