Senior Python Developer
Consultant Lisa McCarthy
Date posted 01 December 2016
A leading financial services organisation is seeking to hire a senior Python developer for their IT department based in Dublin City Centre.
Responsibilities of the senior Python developer:
- Leading a team that supports and enhances Python systems for back office processing, as well as modern front-end web-applications for the same
- Partner with business users to define requirements for the application
- Follow a defined development process
- Write unit tests as well as implement code with paired developers
- Collaborate with developers across teams to meet client deliverables
- Assist QAs in the creation and maintenance of automated tests to validate business expectation of the implementation
- Liaise with operations and infrastructure colleagues to get new applications into production
- Collaborate across teams to understand and improve our technical best practices
As the senior Python developer you will have a degree in computer science, or equivalent. You will have 8+ years’ software development experience, 5+ years’ in Python, or 7+ with Ruby, C# or Java and a willingness to learn Python on the job (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will have strong knowledge of relational databases like SQLServer, Oracle, or MYSQL. Prior experience with securities trading, portfolio management, or accounting applications is highly desirable.
This is an excellent permanent opportunity for a senior Python developer to join an IT team based in Dublin City Centre. This team has many years’ experience designing, developing, maintaining and operating sophisticated applications. If you have a strong interest in financial applications and Test Driven Development, please apply today or contact Lisa McCarthy on the details provided for more information.