Consultant Cillian Mooney
Date posted 11 March 2019 2019-03-112019-05-06 it Dublin Dublin IE EUR 50000 58000 58000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie
A leading Bank in Dublin is looking to hire an experienced Data Scientist for their risk department.
Key Responsibilities of the Data Scientist:
- Design, build and assure a fit for purpose to support the risk model development activity, internal business intelligence and external regulatory reporting
- Define standards and methodologies to assess the data quality of risk aggregated data across the group
- Lead the provision of services to support the extracting, transforming, and cleansing of data required for modelling
- Structure data analysis and development of interactive business intelligence to capture key risk metrics across the Bank
- Engage with customer facing business lines to understand the technology and processes that support each business line
- Engage with regulatory bodies and internal 3rd line of defence teams as part of the on-going cycle of regulatory review of our models and regulatory reporting
- Embed modelling best practice and changes to regulatory guidance in all modelling activity and output
- An advanced understanding of the extracting, transforming, and cleansing of data for modelling or reporting purposes
- Reasonable knowledge of European regulatory and/or accounting standards in respect of data quality and assurance governing at least one of IRB, IFRS 9, BCBS239 standards
As the Data Scientist you will have experience working with credit risk metrics. You will have knowledge of Statistical packages such as SAS. An understanding of banking would be advantageous but not essential.
If you are interested in the above role and would like to know more please get in touch with Cillian Mooney or apply today!