Operational Risk Analyst
Location Dublin City CentreFULL_TIME
Consultant James Brown
Date posted 28 February 2019 2019-02-282019-04-29 financial-services Dublin City Centre Dublin IE EUR 50000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie
A market-leading financial services organisation is seeking to hire an operational risk manager to join their expanding team in Dublin City Centre.
Key responsibilities of the operational risk analyst:
- Support development, and monitor implementation of all relevant Frameworks and Policies in relation to People and Process risk management
- Support the revision and update relevant risk management Frameworks, Policies, Systems, Processes and Tools on a periodic basis
- Support the communication and embedding of these in the First Line effectively
- Support the Operational Risk Manager in ensuring that the above Frameworks and Tools cover risk identification, assessment, mitigation, monitoring and reporting
- Support the risk identification and assessment processes conducted by the First Line which includes supporting top‐down risk assessments as well as collating, reviewing and challenging the ‘bottom‐up’ risk and control assessments prepared by relevant first line colleagues
- Support the Manager in reviewing, checking and challenging relevant Risk and Control Self‐Assessments (RCSAs) completed and submitted by First Line business functions to ensure that these are complete, consistent and meet appropriate quality standards
- Support the identification and reporting of any gaps in the Group’s People and Process risk management
- Review operational risk events
- Monitor and Report on People and Process risks (for designated areas)
- Support development and monitoring of a suite of operational risk metrics (including KRIs and risk appetite metrics)
- Support development of escalation processes and effective reporting to appropriate Management bodies as appropriate (for example, relating to risk events, KRIs or breaches of risk appetite)
- Monitor emerging trends relating to People and Process risks (for designated areas) and working collaboratively with First Line colleagues to ensure that risk management processes are updated to reflect any potential enhancements or changed requirements
As the operational risk analyst, you will hold a relevant bachelor’s degree with 2+ years’ experience in a related field (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will have applicable risk management and control guidelines knowledge with PRMIA certification being highly desirable. You will be a critical thinker, with excellent communication and analytical skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and risk management packages.
If you are interested in this operational risk analyst position based in Dublin City Centre, please apply today or contact James Brown on the details provided for more information.