Financial Risk Specialist
Consultant James Brown
Date posted 13 December 2018 2018-12-13financial-services Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters
A large banking company in Ireland are currently looking to hire a Financial Risk Specialist.
Responsibilities of the Financial Risk Specialist:
- Provide research assistance on assignments that provide foresight in relation to key areas of risk in the economy and their impact on the Group’s objectives, such as, the direction of the business cycle, the modelling credit demand and property prices which are pivotal to business planning
- You will support the team in providing senior management with enhanced risk insights by the monitoring of developments in the domestic and international economies, including inter alia the development of coincident and early warning indicators
- Close interaction with other areas of the Bank including the Economic Research Unit, Risk Analytics, and the Independent Validation Function
As the Financial Risk Specialist, you will have:
- Proven track record of delivering to tight timelines
- Very good analytical and quantitative skills (e.g., econometrics/statistics) & working knowledge of statistical sources for domestic and international macroeconomic data
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Economics (and, preferably, studying for or completed, Master’s Degree in Economics
- Familiar with statistical/econometrics packages: e.g., SAS, R, RATS, and proficient in the use of Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office software
- 2+ years of experience in economics or risk function in a bank or in a financial services firm (e.g., stockbrokers) (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role)
If you are interested in Financial Risk Specialist role, please apply today or contact James Brown on the details provided for more information.