Market Risk Manager
Consultant Brendan Simeson
Date posted 25 October 2018 2018-10-252018-12-23 financial-services Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A global investment bank entering the Dublin market is looking to hire a Market Risk Manager.
Key responsibilities of the Market Risk Manager:
- Oversee and manage the market risks inherent to the trading portfolios, ensuring comprehensive identification, measurement and control of those risks
- Support the CRO in all matters relating to market risk management, ensuring accurate, complete, objective assessment of all key market risks
- Ensure that trading positions remain within bank’s market risk appetite
- Assist the CRO in the risk assessment process for market risk
- Review, validate and report market risk to the CRO
- Ensure that outputs are analysed, challenged and transparent
- Provide management information necessary to ensure accurate and thorough measurement of risk factors present in the bank’s activities
- Ensure that global Market Risk Policies, Independent Price Verification (IPV) policies, and Valuation Adjustment Policies and associated risk models are appropriate to the trading operations
As the Market Risk Manager you will have substantial experience in capital markets and educated to degree level. Deep understanding of market risk metrics, market risk policy setting and monitoring. You will have strong IT skills, strong interpersonal skills, and a high level of dependability with a results-orientation. You must also have a keen focus on meeting deadlines, a demonstrated ability to focus on detail and be a strategic thinker.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Market Risk Manager to join a successful organisation with growing operations in Dublin.
If you are interested in the Market Risk Manager role, please apply today or contact Brendan Simeson on the details provided for more information.