Head of Risk
Consultant James Brown
Date posted 02 July 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A global firm based in Dublin is looking to hire a head of risk management.
Key responsibilities of head of risk management:
- Ensure the board is aligned to the agreed risk appetite and keep them updated on material changes as appropriate
- Design a risk management framework and effectively embed this framework operationally
- Introduce workable structures to monitor and manage key risks in the group
- Oversee the management and reporting of key risks through the use of risk registers and other appropriate tooling
- Work with all levels of management to support effective risk based decision making
- Work with other governance functions to ensure our risk methodology and risk appetite are aligned across the first, second and third lines of defence
- Assist in the preparation of board and senior management communications
- Building strong professional relationships with the leadership in the business
- Liaise with external adviser's as required
- Provide value-adding advice and expertise on various aspects of risk management to all departments in the group
As the head of risk management you will be educated to degree level. Additional related risk management, compliance or technical qualification an advantage. You will have 7+ years’ risk management experience with advanced understanding of the principles of effective risk management (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role).
You will have practical experience in delivering effective and appropriate risk frameworks in complex multi-location businesses, also have a proven track record in embedding risk management in the culture of an organisation. You will be required to occasionally travel.
This is an excellent opportunity for a head of risk to join a successful organisation based in Dublin.
If you are interested in the head of risk role, please apply today or contact James Brown on the details provided for more information.