Chief Risk Officer
Consultant Brendan Simeson
Date posted 02 July 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A global capital markets firm is establishing itself in the Dublin market and is looking to hire a Chief Risk Officer.
Key responsibilities of the chief risk officer:
- Provide a comprehensive view to executive management of overall risk exposure – both market and business by creating and maintaining a central process for aggregating and reporting risk information from various sources
- Ensure the effective governance of the EMEA Risk Committees
- Work with the EMEA leadership team to manage audits and relationships with external parties, including development of the audit plan, preparation of reports and monitoring the implementation of recommendations required of various internal departments for the EU entity
- Assist in the EU entity ICAAP preparation and update process, including input on assessment of risk and risk appetite into the ICAAP
- Develop and maintain links with key regulatory stakeholders and heads of function
- Proactively assess the impact of likely risk implications on the EU entity and develop appropriate recommendations for senior management
- Provide regulatory and risk input on upcoming and new strategic initiatives
As the chief risk officer you will have extensive experience in the risk function at a financial service regulated firm and a thorough understanding of the financial services regulatory environment in Europe. You will have experience and knowledge of the securities industry; experience with Equity and Fixed Income markets and trading preferred. You will be self-reliant, self-directed, comfortable taking independent action and making clear recommendations. You will have the ability to think clearly and be objective in decision-making. You will have a proven ability to effectively interact with various internal and external departments and levels with excellent analytical and communications skills (both written and verbal) and strong presentation and influencing skills. This is a designated Chief Risk Officer (PCF14) function approved by the CBI.
This is an excellent opportunity for a chief risk officer to join a successful organisation establishing itself in Dublin.
If you are interested in the chief risk officer role, please apply today or contact Brendan Simeson on the details provided for more information.