Chief Risk Officer - Hedge Fund
Consultant Brendan Simeson
Date posted 09 May 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A global investment management firm with operations in Dublin is looking to hire a Chief Risk Officer - Hedge Fund
Key responsibilities of Chief Risk Officer - Hedge Fund:
- Ensure that risk appetite and risk framework for the company is appropriately defined for all risk types
- Ongoing development, integrity and embedding of the risk framework (processes, policies, procedures and supporting systems) across the business
- Ensure that all investment funds are managed within an effective risk framework, consistent with their objectives
- Provide independent investment risk oversight (measurement, management and reporting)
- Maintenance of an appropriate risk governance structure to ensure effective risk oversight. Ensure that all material risks across the business have been identified, are measured (where applicable), have been communicated and have effective risk management strategies in place
- Lead, motivate and develop the team to maximise their potential
As the Chief Risk Officer - Hedge Fund you will have 10+ year's experience in the financial services industry along with 5+ years in Risk Management, and a postgraduate qualification, ideally in a related discipline (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). Knowledge or experience of derivatives and complex financial products would be preferable.
You will have an understanding of investment management techniques with an understanding and knowledge of operational risk within a business. You must have excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and technical skills to interpret investment & non-investment risk information, communicate it, and to help drive future development of risk monitoring systems. You will also need the ability to lead and develop the Risk Management team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a chief risk officer - hedge fund to join a successful organisation based in Dublin.
If you are interested in the chief risk officer - hedge fund role, please apply today or contact Brendan Simeson on the details provided for more information.