Head of Financial Risk
Consultant Brendan Simeson
Date posted 13 March 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
An asset management firm based in Dublin is seeking to hire a head of financial risk. You will work closely with the executive team to ensure that the front office investment and operational risks are understood and managed within the risk appetite to support business growth in the context of the business plan.
Key responsibilities of a head of financial risk:
- Set up a small but efficient financial risk management / monitoring / control function
- Develop relevant frameworks, metrics and reports for risk analysis of investment products and portfolios
- Collaborate with others to ensure that bespoke investment solutions which are developed are consistent with client and risk appetite
- Conduct scenario analysis and stress tests for a variety of actively managed and non-replicated index portfolios
- Proactively structure solutions to risk issues
- Quantify the impact of macro-economic trends and recommend actions
As the head of financial risk you will have a strong background in market risk framework and extensive experience of risk control, governance and regulation within an asset management environment. You will have a strong academic record and a relevant third level and / or post graduate qualification in a numerical discipline such as quantitative economics / finance / econometrics / physics / mathematics / statistics / engineering is required (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role).
If you are interested in this head of financial risk role based in Dublin, please apply today or contact Brendan Simeson on the details provided for more information.