Consultant Claire Dunwoody
Date posted 13 December 2018 2018-12-13financial-services Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters
A global financial services group, which is a new entrant to the Irish market, now wishes to recruit a operations manager who will lead the operations team to deliver effective operational processes, actively leading process improvement efforts to increase efficiency and maintaining the standards and controls required in the Dublin operating environment. The Client Onboarding team will be the primary responsibility locally, however you will be the point person for the business locally on a cross-functional basis.
Beyond regional responsibilities, you will contribute to global initiatives; such as, talent management, global delivery model and business continuity planning. The position also acts as the primary contact in Dublin for enquiries and issues related to the Global Operations Group and includes engagement with function leads.
Key accountability of the operations manager:
- Oversight and management of the client onboarding team including AML, Client outreach and data services
- Ensure the day-to-day operational functions located in Dublin are running effectively and efficiently
- Oversee governing metrics to set standards, controls and operating methodology with Operations and Business Services with a focus on oversight
- Lead the strategic and tactical direction of the Dublin Operations and Business Services team, in partnership with the Global Operations strategy and mandate
- Influence program design, policy formulation and operating standards for Global Operations and Business Services within the context of Dublin
- Accountability for managing key relationships, investing in customer interactions and achieving performance and results for all business lines operating in Dublin
- Identify and highlight organisation risk; ensures end-to-end risk management for programs designed and deployed within Operations and Business Services
- Understand the Operational Risks associated with the role and identify and monitor operational risk issues
- Provide management with analysis of key process drivers, root causes to issues, and provide recommendations for improvements
- Lead, coach and develop a diverse work-force, ensuring performance management practices are implemented and followed to achieve results and professional / personal development objectives
- Conduct performance reviews and provide on-going feedback, coach and develop employees and ensure performance management activities are undertaken and completed for all employees
- University Degree
- 8+ years of equivalent work experience (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to engage senior stakeholders and cross regional management and peers
- Demonstrated experience leading diverse, high performing teams
- Strong collaborator who engages colleagues, business partners, and external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills in assessing risk, issues and challenging the status quo
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Ability to stay composed and resilient under pressure
- Strong knowledge of the European regulatory environment (MIFID II, EMIR, GDPR)
This is an excellent opportunity for a Head of Operations to join a successful organisation based in Dublin.
If you are interested in the Head of Operations role, please apply today or contact Claire Dunwoody on the details provided for more information.