Product Development Manager
Consultant Suzanne Feeney
Date posted 09 August 20192019-08-09 2019-10-08 banking Dublin Dublin IE EUR 70000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Working in this government agency the product development manager will be a key member of the product development team and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of developing new products, policy measures and initiatives as well as sourcing funding and counter-guarantees to support these, together with the management of key european and government stakeholder relationships.
As part of the product development team, you will take new product ideas from concept to implementation, working with the lending and risk teams to seamlessly deliver products to frontline lenders.
- Identify required features and shape end product offerings to address established market failures in the SME credit market in Ireland
- Interpret the entities strategic direction and government policy to inform new product development initiatives
- Develop product strategies consistent with their strategic plan and Government policy
- Ensure products and their delivery comply with regulatory standards including state aid rules
- Support the Head of product development in working with key stakeholders as they pertain to new products and policy measures to be undertaken
- Respond to and provide input to ex-ante and ex-post analysis of policy initiatives delivered
- Input to stakeholder research and consultation during product development process
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a relevant role in product/proposition development, finance, treasury, preferably with direct experience in investment and securitisation structuring, and financial risk / price modelling
- Track record of having project managed and delivered financial products and large scale transactions, which may include guarantees, lending, investment funds, securitised portfolios, etc.
- Strong presentation and report writing skills capable of publicly presenting to internal and external, e.g. government department, audiences
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively while understanding the benefits and risks associated with financial guarantees, unsecured lending and varying borrower profiles
- A high level of numeracy, financial acumen, analytical skills and attention to detail