Front Office Risk and Controls VP
Consultant James Brown
Date posted 04 July 20192019-07-04 2019-09-02 financial-services Dublin Dublin IE EUR 90000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A highly reputable global markets investment bank are currently seeking a front office risk and controls vp to work out of their Dublin city centre offices
Responsibilities of the front office risk and controls vp:
• Support front office and Ireland management on business management, supervision, and strategy and governance initiatives.
• Stay abreast of all front office initiatives impacting Europe and ensure regional considerations are taken into account where initiatives are managed globally.
• Function as the front office delegate on business driven, cross functional or business wide initiatives and governance forums.
• Drive tier 4 and 5 front office initiatives according to the change management protocol which includes gathering requirements; documentation; engaging stakeholders; negotiating project prioritization; securing funding and resources; and managing execution
• Identify, prioritize and facilitate the implementation of bank practices and related enhancements to achieve process and cost efficiencies across the front office.
• Provide support and management to the front office businesses with respect to their priorities and initiatives, which may cover the following areas: product development & implementation, financial management, capital management, e-trading capabilities.
• Operate effective and efficient processes across trading business management that are aligned with bank policies.
• Work with the global markets businesses to define and implement their operating models between London and Dublin.
• Coordinate with legal and compliance to ensure the front office operating model is compliant with MiFID II and other regulations.
• Coordinate across the global trading business management team to define and implement the front office supervision and outsourcing frameworks for Dublin.
• Develop front office procedures to document interactions and limitations across borders post-Brexit.
• Communicate front office requirements and coordinate with infrastructure teams to implement required changes for all impacted business lines.
As the front office risk and controls vp you will have around 5+ years’ experience capital markets, with at least 2 years directly interacting with front office businesses (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). An understanding of how regulations, particularly MiFID II, impact sales & trading is an asset. You will also be capable of working in a dynamic, potentially high-pressure environment
If you are interested in this front office risk and controls vp position based in Dublin, please apply today or contact James Brown on the details provided for more information.