Product Development Manager
Consultant Brendan Simeson
Date posted 23 May 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
An insurance company based here in Dublin are currently looking to hire a Product Development Manager for their growing team.
Key responsibilities of the Product Development Manager:
- Develop new products and propositions including a robust approach to compliance with relevant regulations. Agree the plan with the CEO and own the delivery of the agreed product and proposition developments ensuring they remain compliant and appropriate for their target market
- Structure the investment proposition to customers, having regards to identify suitable asset mixes, understanding deeply the insurance aspects linked to class III products
- Enhance competitor market analysis, identifying the competitive position in each of the product segments, including market insight and distribution feedback
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements
- Determine customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Evaluate management information and research, including indicators of potential customer misunderstanding or product/process failures, to drive the design and operation of products, literature and marketing communications
- Take ownership of all activities related to the products launch including schedule, budget, content and functionality of the product leading the product design from concept, approval to implementation and deployment
As the product development manager you will have previous experience in a product development role, preferably within a life insurance or financial services environment. You will have good knowledge of Solvency II as well as having the ability to structure an internal fund. A deep understanding of relevant Italian regulation as well as the current challenges and opportunities in the Italian life insurance market would be an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with good product knowledge to work closely with the Chief Risk Officer and to work within a challenging and dynamic environment.
If you are interested in the product development manager role, please apply today or contact Brendan Simeson on the contact details provided for more information.