Head of Data Protection
Location Dublin SouthFULL_TIME
Consultant Derek Young
Date posted 14 August 20192019-08-14 2019-10-13 banking Dublin South Dublin IE GBP 70000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A market leading Irish PLC based in Dublin South is seeking to appoint a Head of Data Protection for Europe to join their professional and highly supportive team. Under the direction of the Chief Risk Officer, the Head of Data Protection will have overall responsibility for the governance of data protection.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Data Protection:
- Develop and oversee the suite of company data protection policies, across all European locations
- Oversee training and raising awareness internally on data protection and privacy, across all European locations
- Monitor compliance with the GDPR, European and national data protection laws and company policies, including conducting regular internal compliance checks
- Reporting on company’s compliance with the GDPR to Senior Management and the Board
- Inform and advise company on all issues relating to data protection and privacy
- Provide advice on high risk processing operations where a data protection impact assessment is required under Art. 35 of the GDPR
- Report risks and data breaches to the senior management team, in line with the Breach Notification Policy
As the Head of Data Protection you will have the ability to find practical, pragmatic and creative solutions to compliance issues. The successful candidate is likely to be an existing Senior Manager in a Data Protection position within an international customer-facing company.
If you are interested in this role based in Dublin-South, please apply today or contact Derek Young on the details provided for more information.